What is the room capacity?
Each room has its own capacity limits. Please email us at [email protected] ahead of time if the number of people arriving is above the limits listed below so our team can advise you of your options. If you bring extra people to the studio without notice, they will be asked to wait outside of our premises.
- East Side & West Side: 15
- Solarium: 10
- Makeup Table: 3
Kindly note that when renting the East Side and West Side studio for an event, at the event rate, you will have to confirm the capacity with a Studio Attendant.
Do you have a makeup station?
We have a professional makeup station in our common area with three makeup chairs. Each seat is available for rent for $25/hour and can be reserved in advance here. We can also provide you with a folding table and chair(s) that you can take inside the studio for your use.
Upon arrival, please ensure one guest has filled out our general liability form. We have attached it here for easier reference. This can be filled out online prior to arrival or on-site before the session.
Do you have a kitchen?
Yes, we do! Our kitchen is a catering kitchen, perfect for food warming and food assembly (it is equipped with a full-size fridge, stove, and oven). Our Kitchen is not bookable and only available when booking an event at out studios.
Please reach our to our team at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
Can we do events at the studio?
Yes, our studio is perfect for hosting events and workshops. Our current capacity for East Side + West Side studio is 40 people due to COVID restrictions. You can get more details on studio rental at https://www.mintroom.ca/preto-loft-events/ page.
Do you have change rooms at the studio?
Yes, we have 2 change rooms available to our customers inside the studio.
Do you have any weekday discounts?
We offer 20% off for half-day bookings of over 4 hours and 30% off full-day bookings of over 8 hours on weekdays (excludes holidays).
What is your deposit/cancellation policy?
- All shoots have to be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Mint Room Studios offers studio credit for cancelled bookings as we do not issue refunds.
- You can reschedule your booking and claim your full studio credit by cancelling your reservation within 24hrs of your start time and rebooking your desired studio, date, or time through your Mint Room Account: mintroom.ca/appointments. If you forgot your username/password, please reset it at the link above.
How can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking within 24hrs of your start time through your Mint Room Account: mintroom.ca/appointments. When you make your first transaction, our system automatically creates and sends account information to your email. If you forgot your username/password, please reset it at the link above.
Is there a security deposit required to use the studio?
When you arrive at the studio, you will be asked to provide your ID and credit card information. Our reception staff will visit the studio room 5-10 minutes prior to the end of your booking to ensure that the room is left in its original condition. If there are damages to floors / walls / furniture / equipment you will be asked to reimburse the damage.
Do you have steamers at the studio?
We have steamers available for your use at no extra cost. Please ask our receptionist for a steamer and kindly return it once you are done.
Do you have clothing racks?
Absolutely. Each studio room includes a clothing rack for your use.
Are there any types of equipment included in the studio rental?
We do not rent out lighting equipment at the moment.
Does it cost extra to rent furniture?
Each room comes with specific pieces of furniture and décor to correspond with the overall look and feel of the space. You can find a detailed list of items that are included in the rental price under each studio description. Please contact us if you need to rent out tables and/or chairs for your booking.
Is there a security deposit required to use the studio?
There is a refundable $300 security deposit required to use the studio space. When you arrive at the studio, you will be asked to provide your ID and credit card information. Our reception staff will visit the studio room 5-10 minutes prior to the end of your booking to ensure that the room is left in its original condition. If there are damages to floors / walls / furniture / equipment you will be asked to reimburse the damage.
- We now welcome pets at our locations, we ask that you email [email protected] if you would like to bring a pet to your photoshoot.
- There will be a $50 pet fee (per pet) associated with this request and a $300 preauthorized hold on your credit card. A preauthorized hold will be collected upon arrival and then released within 2-5 business days, minus the pet fee, and any damages incurred.
- Our studio is a family-friendly environment so please ensure your pets are not on our furniture or in the common areas.
- Should your pet make a mess on our studio floor there will be a $50 charge and if your pet makes a mess on the furniture, there will be a $300 charge which will be deducted from your $300 security deposit.
Can any merchandise, props or furniture be delivered to the studio before the shoot day?
Please discuss your needs with us before booking to ensure we can accommodate the delivery. We may apply a holding fee for storage and we cannot assume any responsibility for loss or damage of your items.
Can I shoot a video in your studio?
You can shoot video at our studio but please note that if you have any audio concerns, you will need to rent out the entire Preto Loft. We recommend reaching out to our Operations team at [email protected] prior to booking.
Is there a freight elevator?
- The freight elevator is for equipment only and is shared with the building which means it is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Upon arrival, please reach out to 647 977 2793 and the on-site attendant will be happy to assist you in calling the elevator and sending it to the desired floor. If the attendant is not immediately available and attending to another guest, please allow them time to be able to assist you. We suggest that you send us a note at [email protected] or give us a call prior to arrival with your expected time.
- For safety reasons, the freight elevator cannot carry passengers as it is for equipment only. Visitors need to use the stairs to access the studios on the 2nd floor.
- Customers are responsible for loading and unloading of their belongings into the elevator due to liability issues. Studio attendants are not liable for clients’ belongings.
Do I need to bring lighting equipment with me?
Our studio has beautiful large windows that are over 12 feet tall, providing lots of natural light in the rooms.
Please note that the lighting in our space is dependent on the natural light outside. Please email us or give us a call if you want advice from our staff on which rooms would be the brightest at different times of the day.
Is there parking?
Preto Loft Studios has 2 reserved parking spots along with visitors’ parking. Visitor parking is located to the left of the main entrance (north side of the building). If those are all taken, you are welcome to use the 2 Preto Loft parking spots with parking passes that you can request at the front desk. Parking is on a first come first serve basis.
Additionally, there is free street parking along Perth Ave and Sterling Rd. Paid parking lots can be found along Bloor St. and Dundas St.
Please do not park anywhere that is assigned to another company.